Motherboard problem

M595MTT 20:59 02 Dec 06

I have just replaced a MSI MS-6309 motherboard that was spontaneously rebooting with an identical board. This has solved the rebooting problem but there is now a fault with the new board.
If I power it up it works fine. I was able to re-instal the operating system (Windows ME)and the associated device drivers and programmes etc. without trouble. Warm rebooting (using start > restart) works fine. But if I power off and then power on again, I get power to the board (voltages from the PSU are correct), the light on the cdrom flashes, HDD spins up but the POST doesn't run, the PC doesn't boot up and there are no messages on the screen (the video card has been tested in another computer). But the strange bit is, if I leave the PC for at least 3 hours and then power up, it boots properly through to the desktop screen and runs normaly. Are there any Techies out there who may have had a similar experience or have an answer? Looking forward to any replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…