Motherboard Problem

Singerz 15:17 08 Jun 05

I have a PC Chips motherboard model number M848ALU (V2.1). It did not reconise my processor correctly.

click here(V2.1)&MenuID=35&LanID=0

On the PC Chips website (above), the latest BIOS contains a fix for this. So I flashed the BIOS and now my PC will not boot!

I now have no idea what to do. Please help!

Stuartli 15:41 08 Jun 05

The following will/should help you, especially the section about not being able to boot and using F10 and F11:

click here

Dorsai 15:43 08 Jun 05

The Bios flash failed, clearly. Why? Who knows. Perhaps you downlaoded the wrong bios, did something wrong, or the download was corrupt. In any event, the board is now dead.

You can try and get a new Bois chip, try click here but I can not vouch for them, having not used them.

Or get a new Board.

I think that's about it really re options.

dan11 17:18 08 Jun 05

" It did not reconise my processor correctly. "

What cpu were you trying to use? As far as I know, that board should take upto a 3200+ including most semprons.

If you get no post, then as Dorsai says, get a new board. That board is about £20.

Singerz 17:35 08 Jun 05

I was using AMD Athlon 2800 but the BIOS only recognised it as 1500. The BIOS the board is supplied with has a know fault re. the auto detect CPU frequency facility and the latest BIOS contains a fix.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…