motherboard power fault please help

jmh474 12 Feb 13

so iv been looking at this laptop, there is no power getting from the ac jack to the charger, wont turn on as well, i can trace part way through the motherboard but then i get a little lost so im hoping you guys can offer me some advice where to look, thanks every one to who post's back

lotvic 12 Feb 13

Could it be the socket on the laptop where you plug the power in has got pushed backwards so that the jack no longer makes contact?

jmh474 12 Feb 13

would be nice if it was the power jack but im getting V on the motherboard

woodchip 12 Feb 13

Don't get what you are on about! Charger is on the outside of the\ Laptop, Have you tried running just on Mains with Battery removed?

Faulty Battery can drag the power down

jmh474 12 Feb 13

im testing the motherboard it's self there is now power getting to the + of the pins where the battery slots in

jmh474 12 Feb 13

im testing the motherboard it's self there is now power getting to the + of the pins where the battery slots in

jmh474 12 Feb 13

jmh474 12 Feb 13

jmh474 12 Feb 13

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message