Motherboard ports u.s.

SABRE 10:17 21 Jun 03

My motherboard has 2 x PS2 ports and 2 x USB ports. They have packed up resulting in my periphials not working i.e. keyboard, mouse etc. Truth is I think I've blown something by inserting a USB connector and grounding it on the PC case as I was doing so. However, there is plugged in to the motherboard a USB expansion card and this still functions. So rather than buy a new motherbaord I thought that I might use this. All works OK except the keyboard which is PS2. I can't seem to purchase a PS2-USB(male) connector to plug into the expansion card. Will the keyboard work through this avenue and if so, anyone any ideas how I can do it?

jazzypop 13:22 21 Jun 03

click here for one of 100's of suppliers that will stock the adaptor that you want.

Assuming that you have a modern motherboard that has settings in the BIOS to use a USB keyboard, it should work fine.

Just type 'buy ps2 usb keyboard adaptor uk' into Google for many, many more suppliers.

You might be able to find a straightforward USB keyboard for a similar price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…