//some 3rd party need geo

motherboard pain

exhumed 22:33 09 Apr 04

Right folks,am try to fix a machine that for a year had no firewall or antivirus,after many hours decided that a format and reinstallation was in order,but to make life interesting the owner had lost the xp rescue disk,which I believe comes with all the drivers needed.So stuck 98 on and all works fine except im lacking the motherboard drivers as I am getting error messages on boot up.What I need is the identity of the motherboard.
Its an Emachine 140dvd
intel celeron processor 1.1ghz

ps the machine works fine without them,but don't like to leave a job half done.

Quiller. 22:52 09 Apr 04

Normally you would be re-directed to aida32,to update motherboard drivers, but as from the 24th march they are ceasing any support.

You could try the links in this thread
click here
To give you the motherboard and driver up-date information you require.

christmascracker 23:00 09 Apr 04
  keith-236785 00:26 10 Apr 04

During bootup, at the bottom of the screen is a long line of numbers/letters.

when you see this, press Pause (top right hand key) and write down the numbers/letters.

type the numbers/letters into google click here and see what it comes up with. click here is a good site for drivers/manuals etc.

good luck.

if you have any probs, type the number back onto here and someone here may be able to find the info for you.

hugh-265156 00:32 10 Apr 04

there is no listing(that i can find)on emachines website for the 140dvd,just a few google references for memory upgrades etc.

paperman27`s idea sounds good to me,i would try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…