motherboard or graphics card?

pc mad 20:34 01 Nov 05

hi, hoping you kind people can offer me some advice, i have a p4 2.8ghz cpu on an intel motherboard,i have gone down the route of adding a dvd rw and dvd rom to my pc, but when i play back my dvds they run slow and jerk a lot, more than likely caused by the 16mb onboard graphics of the intel mb, so i need to upgrade the graphics but the intel mb does not have an agp slot so should i go for a pci graphics card , i understand a graphics card on a pci slot wont be as good as one on an agp slot,or should i go for another motherboard, i have seen a jetway with onboard 128mb radeon 9200 graphics, it even has a agp slot if i wanted to upgrade in the future,as i have a p4 is it best for me to keep the intel mb and upgrade the graphics, or opt for the new motherboard, ide appreciate any advice, thanks

richard-255600 21:03 01 Nov 05

i suggest that you buy a graphics card as you may have to upgrade more bits than just the m/board and there are some great pci graphics cards out there just remember to disable the onboard graphics card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…