Motherboard for new computer

Matterhorn 17:47 11 Apr 07

I plan to build a new copmuter to handle large photographic files.I intend to use an Intel core 2 duo E6400 processor with 2GB of ram and XP as the operating system. I would like a firewire port and plenty of USB2 connections. I do not intend to overclock anything

I would appreciate advice on a suitable motherboard. My researches serve only to confuse me as the advice is conflcting.

I am an OAP with some but limited knowledge.

Thanks

Matterhorn

skidzy 18:01 11 Apr 07

Some good bundles from Novatech click here
and click here

White_Elephant 18:45 11 Apr 07

Just be careful that the board you pick isn't an older variant or you will need to flash the bios to use core 2 duo.
Always check that the board is at least a 965 version for compatibility, 975 boards are still very expensive generally.

Once you have a board on Novatech or Ebuyer, make sure you look at purchasers reviews...very helpful (if occasionally misleading) and also type the board name into Google and check out reviews for the board from people like Tomshardware or similar
click here

Matterhorn 10:25 12 Apr 07

I have found both responses from Skidzy and White-Elephant very helpful and useful. I am already following your advice!<g>

I REALLY appreciate the time and trouble that you have taken to help me! Thanks!

Matterhorn 10:26 12 Apr 07

I have found both responses from Skidzy and White-Elephant very helpful and useful. I am already following your advice!<g>

I REALLY appreciate the time and trouble that you have taken to help me! Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos