Motherboard Memory Frenquency

wightman 15:52 23 Jun 09

Hi Guy's
I have been running Vista H P SP2 for some time now without any problems. Without any warnings the machine became unstable, errors including BSoD. Initially the errors referred to 'Driver' issues, but after these were cleared the machine continued to behave irrationally. After hours of searching and configuring including 'New sticks of Memory' I finally came to the conclusion that the M/B does not match 'Frequency of Memory sticks'.
Does the community thick this is the correct diagnosis? If so what can be done to overcome it?
M/B Asus P5VD2-VM/S I am aware this is not a retail board! but hope some one out there can assist.

DieSse 17:02 23 Jun 09

"I finally came to the conclusion that the M/B does not match 'Frequency of Memory sticks'. "

Sorry but that makes no sense to me.

Have you changed any RAM? - Added any RAM?

Motherboards will run certain specifications of RAM. You shouldn't mix specifications - if you do it is possible you will get intermittent errors - this depends a lot on each motherboard design.

Sounds quite like you may have some faulty RAM - a system giving these kinds of problems passed through my hands recently - chasnging the RAM cured it.

OTT_Buzzard 17:25 23 Jun 09

Doesn't seem likely and as DieSse said, it doesn't make much sense.

What led you to your conclusion?

wightman 17:45 23 Jun 09

Hi Guy's
Sorry for the original post,on reflection it does not seem to make sense?
I will attempt to make it clearer,
'DieSse' I found on the Asus forum an article regarding my M/B and its instability; the replies all came to the conclusion about the board not matching the 'Frequency of the sticks' Also I have tried all the usual tricks of changing stick for stick and even putting in brand new sticks of the same specs'
'OTT_Buzzard' I think I have answered your comments. Thank You.
This board is now over 2 years old and I have checked with the original seller (Mesh) through their on-line support forums,nothing appears to assist with this instability problem.
Grasping the nettle; what problems would occur if I changed the M/B to a recent type? Would my O/S work with the new board without major issues bearing in mind I do not have a 'Full Vista' CD only a 'Recovery CD from Mesh when purchased in 2007?

DieSse 21:18 23 Jun 09

If the board has known design issues resulting in instability - then IMO you should claim a replacement or a refund under warranty.

Is Mesh are responsible for selling you something that doesn't work correctly for a reasonable length of time, them it's their responsibility to solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…