Motherboard And Memory

bob's 23:41 12 Jun 03

I Have A ECS K7S5A Motherboard And I Could Not Get The Computer To Boot Up.I Posted A Thread And Received A Lot Of Useful Checks To Perform.It Is A New Self Built Machine.I Had 512MB Of DDR Ram And It Would Not Boot Up But On Changing Back To A 256 MB Of SDRAM It Worked.Is The Board Not Able To Support The 512 MB Or Have I Got A Faulty Memory Chip.
Bobs

Despicable Desperado 23:46 12 Jun 03

Check the manual - it will probably state that it will support 512 mods but unfortunately all memory modules are not the same. The mobo manufacturer should be able to tell you what chips the board will support.

woodchip 23:46 12 Jun 03

Check the manual to see if it supports 512mb in one slot. do not forget you can fit DDR and SDram they may be different size depending on type

woodchip 23:50 12 Jun 03

PS the Ram you have bought may not be compatible with your board. That?s why its best to buy from Crucial as you can look to see what type of memory you need. Not all memory is made equal

bob's 00:13 13 Jun 03

Thanks Guys For Help Much Appreciated.
Bob's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…