MOTHERBOARD INTEGRITY

Bonzy 13:35 02 Mar 05

Hi friends, what pc behaviors/traits make one suspect the m/board to be faulty? And on suspicion, how does one verify their suspicion? How does a m/board get tested?
Thanx in advance.

Chezdez 13:38 02 Mar 05

is anything stopping working?

if not, then everything is OK pretty much

you might want to run BurnInTest, to check the integeraty of the whole system?

click here

think i'll run a test actually...

961 14:39 02 Mar 05

What is your problem???

I'm honestly not trying to be like the guy you have eye contact with on a Saturday night, but if something is giving you cause for doubt, tell us what it is

Motherboards don't go awol all that often unless you have been poking about. Much more likely something else has gone wrong, or you've caught a virus

Chezdez 17:39 02 Mar 05

yay, passed! :P

woodchip 18:28 02 Mar 05

Tell us your problem and we may be able to help? What make you suspect the Motherboard?

Bonzy 11:07 04 Mar 05

Thanx friends. The whole saga started when I saw smoke come out of a pc one morning after connecting power to it. There was also a repulsive stench. The pc failed to power-on as expected. I changed the PSU and it powered on, but things were just not right with the pc and it has been so ever since. I don't know what else got burnt because its behaviour has been very funny eg it doesn't accept changes in colour settings-it remains at the default of 16 colour, it keeps hanging etc. I'm therefore suspecting many things eg the m/board.

woodchip 13:12 04 Mar 05

colour settings You need to reload the Graphics card driver. For hanging, Go to Start\Run and Type

MSCONFIG press enter

go to Startup Tab remove all Ticks then try running computer if A-OK you can ADD a tick at a time back in MSCONFIG till you get the Problem. DO NOT GO ON THE NET WITHOUT ANTI-VIRUS or FIREWALL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac