Motherboard information.

23790954 21:10 29 Jun 04

A few months ago I fitted an EPOX 8RDA motherboard
into my system, but I am far from happy with it, as it does not always recognise components which are plugged into the USB connectors. It also appears to be very slow, although it is fitted with an AMD XP 2600+ processor. Can anyone advise me of a good up to date motherboard review website, magazine etc which recommends up to date motherboards. I know there are a lot of motherboard review websites, but most are out of date, and the rest do not recommend motherboards.
ALSO when fitting a new motherboard I always format the hard-drive and reload all the software.
Is this really necessary, or will fitting my original hard-drive, with the programmes already on work correctly with a new motherboard.

woodchip 21:25 29 Jun 04

yes if you fit a new mobo reformat drive and then load mobo drivers after you load the OS

johnsims 21:28 29 Jun 04

Anything by Abit or Gigabyte will be good. Take a look at their resprective web sites to see what is current and the specs then search for the cheapest deal.
Nw MOB means new install of Windows. If you don't the hardware settings from the old MOBO are very likely to cause you problems. #Just make sure you back up your data and then when doing the new install create a separate data partition to make future life easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…