Motherboard Identification Issue

jono 14:44 16 Feb 03

can anyone identify a motherboard that uses the SiS 530 chip set, SiS 5595 on board graphics, socket 7 processor slot. Has extra featires: 3 dim slots, 2 pci and 1 isa slot.

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Jon0

Jono

I would use a software prog such as SiSoft Sandra
which can interrogate the motherboard and give you the manufacturer and model details. you can download a free limited version of this from most good download sites.I'm assuming that you are trying to identify the board you currently have installed on your cpu.

Hope this of some help

pootie

jono 15:28 16 Feb 03

should have also said that it is a micro ATX board that uses an amdK6 233MHz processor and i cant get it to POST, yet there seeems to be powerrunning through the board as the keyboard and mouse lights, as well as fans running etc.
Help urgently required,
cheers
Jono

BlueMeanie 23:03 16 Feb 03

This link will identify Socket 7 motherboards using a description ie number of memory slots, PCI slots etc :-

click here

However could your problem be that the onboard display adapter is naff. Could you try a PCI card.

pc moron 23:36 16 Feb 03

Try click here and download the "AIDA32- Personal System Information" version- it's pretty good at identifying hardware.

rioboy 23:45 16 Feb 03

This site click here is invaluable to me. Click on the forum and just ask. The members are just as helpful as they are on this site.

hugh-265156 00:50 17 Feb 03

i agree with pc moron aiad32 correctly identified my mobo(gygabyte GA-8isml) it has onboard sis650 graphics most programs said it was an nec computers sis650.(packard bell)being a total novice i found it a big help as it gives a lot of useful info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…