Motherboard help!!!

athertpa 20:50 23 Mar 09

Hi,

I have purchased an intel Q6600 processor and am looking to buy a ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NForce 750i SLI Motherboard (I have been offered one for £50)...

Can anyone please let me know if this mobo is going to be suitable for the forseeable future???

Thanks for your help!!!

DieSse 00:22 24 Mar 09

A comprehensive review which seems to suggest that an intel based motherboard would be a better solution.

click here

Personally I can't see the point in spending a goodly amount on a processor then skimping on the motherboard.

ztronicsalien 11:23 24 Mar 09

Hello Athertpa,
I cannot tell you about this in full details but if you really want to know about this I would suggest you to visit - click here for any detail on Computer Motherboards

athertpa 21:33 24 Mar 09

can you recommend any intel motherboards then? And also where I would find these? I have about a £100 to spend on a mobo

ambra4 17:04 01 Apr 09

Take a look at this motherboard Abit motherboard IP35 Pro XE Intel P35 LGA775

click here

Will support the Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor

click here

Where to buy

Abit motherboard IP35 Pro XE Intel P35 LGA775 multi-core PCI-E x161600FSB DDR2 SATA

3G RAID Firewire Dual Gigabit LAN ATX

click here

Download the manual and take a read

I am Spartacus 21:24 01 Apr 09

The price at MicroDirect is way too high for the IP35 Pro XE try Scan click here

Whilst it will definitely support a Q6600 the information about the supported CPUs given on the Abit link by ambra4 is incorrect. There appears to be some differences between the IP35 Pro XE and the IP35 Pro. The latest BIOS for the XE version is 11 and supports a very limited number of 45nm CPUs. Your 65nm Q6600 will work fine. The IP35 Pro version has BIOS 17 which Abit technical support have confirmed will not work with the XE version, however they didn't explain what the differences are and I haven't risked flashing it just in case it stuffs the board.

If it's of interest and you plan on overclocking then the XE will easily overclock to an FSB of around 450 with very little tweaking. I'm currently running an E8400 on one at 4GHz.

ztronicsalien 12:09 17 Apr 09

Hi Athertpa,

if, till now your problem isn't solved and you are still in need.I can suggest you a better option for this problem is to check the help of <a href=”click here”>alienware laptop repair</a> service on internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…