Motherboard dead! ( NO power on, NO led)

andrew-271845 13:25 15 Apr 06

My motherboard is dead,Thinking to change a new one.Is there any other way to get my new motherboard to run my old HDD version of windows without deleting everything? Thanks in advance

ACOLYTE 13:30 15 Apr 06

Are you sure its not a PSU issue,or CPU issue before you buy a new mobo.I did answer this in the other thread you posted in but i didnt fully understand what you meant.

Diodorus Siculus 13:32 15 Apr 06

If the mobo is dead, then you could try a repair install of XP when booting up: click here
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Stuartli 13:36 15 Apr 06

Or even the plug fuse.

Secondly, if you do need a new motherboard, what version of Windows do you have?

All that would be required with XP is, once the Bios settings have been configured, is to Repair XP.

Have your XP installation disk in the drive, enable Boot from CD in the Bios and then Save and Exit.

Instructions on an XP Repair session can be found at:

click here

All your current programs, applications, configuration etc will be retained on the hard drive.

ACOLYTE 13:38 15 Apr 06

I know this may sound daft,but how can he repair XP if the mobo is dead,lol it wont boot,unless you mean after he fitted a new mobo)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:43 15 Apr 06

Boot to safe mode BEFORE you allow windows to get to a normal boot,

then follow the drivers to delete from :
Drivers to disable BEFORE changing motherboard
click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:48 15 Apr 06

[quote]Is there any other way to get my new motherboard to run my old HDD version of windows without deleting everything?[/quote]

That's the question I was answering!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…