motherboard & CPU temperature

celticbhoy0 22:50 14 Apr 06

I have just had to install a new heatsink as the fan had broke on mine. When I use speedfan to check on the temprautre of my mother board it allways displays a temprature of 127. I am guessing that the software isnt able to detect the correct temp, is this because of the hardware I am using or is it to do with the setup of my Pc

johnnyrocker 23:41 14 Apr 06

if 127 was true i doubt your machine was working

johnny

Stuartli 23:54 14 Apr 06

>>if 127 was true i doubt your machine was working>>

Why? My motherboard's temperature is currently 115 degrees F, not all that much higher than blood temperature, whilst the AMD CPU's temperature is 131 to 133 degrees F.

It's more likely that the temperature checking facility is not connected properly.

celticbhoy0 02:36 15 Apr 06

But how can I get this to work, the new fan works with a variable speed knob on PC. I want to make sure that if i turn it down the processor aint going to fry, as the thing is noisy as hell. I've checked the manual for MB but no joy.

Stuartli 10:28 15 Apr 06

Try downloading Everest Home Edition from:

click here

Once it is installed, open it and click on the Computer + button. Then click on Sensor.

You should be able to read your motherboard and CPU temperatures variations live.

My AMD CPU has a (very) large heatsink and fan controlled by a variable speed knob.

This is set to minimum and even turning it up makes very little difference to the cooling effect as it is so efficient.

johnnyrocker 11:14 15 Apr 06

my pc runs at case 30 deg c and processor 44 deg c which was the reason for posting as i did

johnny.

Stuartli 11:28 15 Apr 06

Yes, there is a subtle difference...:-)

johnnyrocker 11:42 15 Apr 06

indeedy;)

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…