motherboard connection/soundcard connection

iqs 22:22 25 Mar 08

Hello.

M/B foxconn 946GZ7MA/946PL7MA

I have just noticed that my front firewire lead is not connected to my motherboard.

I have looked at the instructions,but can not see and a connector for firewire.

If there is not a connection on the motherboard,does this mean the front lead must connect to a PCI firewire board?.Or can it be connected somewhere else on the motherboard.

I would sooner connect the wire to the motherboard,as I only have one PCI socket available.Its PCI-E X1.And a firewire card with this fitting is rather expensive.

I have just fitted a soundcard, because I have disabled onboard sound,the front audio sockets are dead.

The front lead is connected to the motherboard front audio connector.I have a audio in socket on the sound card,but its a 4 pin berg type connection,where the front audio lead is a 7 pin connection.

Is there a way to connect the front audio lead to the soundcard?

Sorry for posting 2 questions.Thanks for the help.

Cheers

alan2273 23:14 25 Mar 08

I can only answer your first question.
On looking at your motherboard there is no connection on it for firewire, so you will have to add a card to connect it to.
Do not try to connect it to a USB port.

iqs 08:56 26 Mar 08

alan2273,thats what I thought.Thanks for the confirmation,Cheers

iqs 15:25 26 Mar 08

sorry all,cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…