'Motherboard Brand ID - P4B266-VMX Again as it

Giggle n' Bits 01:04 22 Mar 03

was not an Asus even though the print on the board looks like Asus.

This motherboard has a Intel Celeron 1.7GHz, Intel chipset I think, onboard VGA & Sound, its in a Compaq Evo D.310 (Black & silver Desktop case) Was running WinXP or XP Pro.

The Bios is a American Megatrends and it has a really slow boot up and horrible hewllet Packard Splash screen.

Would like to ident the Board to finds the Audio & VGA chips for Drivers as Windows is a no go no restrore Fairly dead HDD. Also even the Pre post boot is poor.

Anyone know what board are in these Compaq Evo's ?

Djohn 01:12 22 Mar 03

Are you sure about the model no. I have had a look and can't find any reference to it.

User-312386 01:12 22 Mar 03

sisandra click here and this will tell you all you need to know about motherboard, bios etc etc

Djohn 01:19 22 Mar 03

Found it, hope this link works, because I'll never find my way back! click here^type=89301^category=300005,00.html?lsidebarLayId=79&rsidebarLayId=64

User-312386 01:21 22 Mar 03

here is the link you really wanted mate click here the asus motherboard

User-312386 01:24 22 Mar 03

if you go to the asus site click here and type in P4B266 (leaving out the VMX) you will find it

Djohn 01:28 22 Mar 03

Yep! that's where I ended up from the google/Compaq site and link, just whent the long way round and made a mess of the link, sorry.

tenor 10:35 22 Mar 03

Told you it was an asus.

tenor 10:37 22 Mar 03

O:E:M:for compaq

Giggle n' Bits 13:39 22 Mar 03

There is no anr/cnr riser slot like Asus board, there is only 3 PCI, 1 AGP but built in Audio & VGA chip.

The lay out is very close to the Asus but different with te PCI's & no amr/cnr & there is built in Lan/networking thing.

Thanks all for looking but I am afraid to say it is not an Asus board.

DieSse 15:50 22 Mar 03

Did you look on the Compaq site to download drivers, as i originally suggested.

Are you saying that ME will not install? - you will not require drivers to do an install - the basic drivers "always" work. if you can't even get this far, you have a problem which must be fixed, and which is not due to drivers.

The board may well be a Compaq "special" - never put on sale to the general public, thus impossible to find out about, except via Compaq.

If you can give the exact model and serial number from your system, i will attempt to find and point you to the details you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…