Motherboard - Asus A7V33 Raid

Bodi 16:52 19 Jul 03

Is anyone using the above motherboard and can tell me what they think of it, please?

Also, how they think it would run with an AMD Athlon XP2400. Would be very grateful for any advice.

Bodi

Bodi 17:05 19 Jul 03

Should read Asus A7V333 Raid motherboard.

Bodi

Gaz 25 17:11 19 Jul 03

click here

Is where I got information on it, it seams a feature full 333FSB motherboard and a 2400+ would run with no problem.

Get the cheapest price on it though.

Gaz 25 17:13 19 Jul 03

My alternative would be the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP-A but the asus is great buy/.

bhocip 17:27 19 Jul 03

I am using Asus P4G8X mobo. Have not managed to get RAID working. My supplier said I could use Asus dongles to turn my IDE HDD's into Raid HDD's this did not work. I sent an e-mail to Asus, who replied within two days to say the dongles were not supported. I have sent another e-mail to ask which Raid HDD's are supported by the mobo. If I receive a reply giving me the information, I am hoping to get the Raid working. Thought the information may be of interest. Hope you get up and running soon.

kingkenny 17:46 19 Jul 03

would recommend this board to anyone. It is a great buy and i find the onboard audio to be especially good (although i dream of 5.1 surround sound system). It is a sturdy board and well made. no complaints

Gaz 25 18:04 19 Jul 03

bhocip

Have you installed the drivers for Raid, and enabled it in your bios?

Bodi 19:06 19 Jul 03

I know this is not the latest Asus board, but didn't want SATA raid, and so all your advice was very welcome.

Thanks Gaz 25 for the link - I couldn't get one - earned your angel first class wings for that!

Thank you bhocip for your info too, although I think your board is a later version.

kingkenny your experience and verdict on the board has won me over. Know where to come for advice too!

Now to talk gently to the piggy bank! So far the price I have for this board is £136.30 inc. VAT - will make further forays into Cyber Space - where I have not ventured before.

Thanks again,

Bodi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…