Motherboard

tes 09:25 25 Oct 07

I am planning my next upgrade but I need some help with the mb.
I intend using the intel e6750 cpu the problem is I like asus or gigabyte MB's but there are so many of them (so which one). I fancy the asus p5k but I am not interested in crossfire or SLI. I have NVIDIA 6200 graphic card which I intend using, would it matter if I left one pci-e slot empty.
I am not interested in gaming manly used for the web, photo' and vidio
Any advice or sugestions welcome.

crosstrainer 09:32 25 Oct 07

In having 2 pcie graphics slots if you wont be using them....Even though the machine will run fine with just one card it seems a waste of money.

Have a look around here:

click here

citadel 18:18 25 Oct 07

asus ip35 or x38 several to pick from at various prices, all are ready for the next gen cpu's due out.

Totally-braindead 19:19 25 Oct 07

You can leave one Crossfire or SLI slot free if you wish it makes no difference. I would suggest the others have a point though, if this motherboard is more expensive than the others because it can take 2 cards and there are cheaper ones available it make sense to go for the cheaper one.
If the motherboard is approximatly the same price as the others then just buy it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…