Motherbard and Sound card

diesel1948 20:30 18 Feb 03

I had a problem with my sound and decided to get a new soundcard, Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital I now find that it will not fit the slots in my motherboard SL-75DRV4. This soundcard has three partitions and the slots om my motherboard only have 2, 1 small bit and 1 large bit, the card has 1 small bit at each end and 1 large in the middle. Hope this is clear. I would have thought this motherboard was not yet obsolete. Is there any answer to this problem?

Simon_P 20:49 18 Feb 03

I have a SB Live (not in PC) and it only has 2 sections 1 small at rear of card and large at front(bracket end) I have not seen 1 with 3 sections, but would expect it to fit into slot on mobo as the other slot is not obstructed by spacers on PCI slot.
Looked at your mobo on web and seems compatable!

More info please

Simon_P 21:09 18 Feb 03

Looked at creative site, it looks like some of the cards do have 2 locater slots, but are PCI compatible.

Have you tried to install card or just assume as it looks like it won’t fit?

They can be a bit tricky to line up, suggest trying to manoeuvre card front and back a little to see if that will enable you to incert card.

I have got full installation manual 931KB in size if you want I will mail it to you it is in acrobat PDF format.

Simon_P 21:37 19 Feb 03

Card dose not seem to fit into slot, I have tried to offer advice but card and mobo seem to be compatable, but wont engage for some reason I cant think of.

Details of card and mobo at start of thread

Thought 1 more post might attract someones attention, so too the top!

Any oppinions please.

diesel1948 11:50 16 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…