Mother boards

mondeo 14:24 18 Nov 03

Anyone advise me of best motherboard to get to upgrade to athlon 2600 processor , one that i can upgrade further to 3000, at a later date

I have used several boards but I personally like the Gigabyte boards because they are well documented not only with words but also pictures to set up the boards.

[email protected] E

AndySD 15:47 18 Nov 03

click here and have a look. I use this board on my personal pc ...and like it.

pcgal 15:47 18 Nov 03

mondeo go for the new nforce chipsets....I recommend MSI....the dogs dangly bits!

when i bought my motherboard (gigabyte ga7vax) a year ago i found this site really helpful : click here , the prices are in dollars but you can always have ebuyer open on the side and search there for the price in pounds. i have to agree with [email protected] though, the gigabyte boards seem to me to give the best option. fairly cheap, you don't have to have all the extras like audio and graphics which no one should need if they want decent performance from either of these things. also they are really pretty colours!! ;)

pcgal 16:20 18 Nov 03

well I prefer top performance not pretty colours and the MSI nforce chipset boards have awesome write ups .....well worth the £90

but the pretty colours make it work better!

leo49 16:39 18 Nov 03

Just built a PC using MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR

click here

Very easy to setup, got all the goodies and it works great.

Tripper 16:48 18 Nov 03

Here are a few more places to look, LOL, just to confuse the issue!

click here

click here

click here

Happy mobo buying!

(well hello again pcgal :D )

Allan-263226 16:53 18 Nov 03

I just bought another gigabyte board for my XP2600, had no probs, easy to install and also has extra goodies, including Norton AV and Internet security.

Also comes with easy tune, so if like me, its even easier to OC

mondeo 12:43 19 Nov 03

Many thanks for all help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…