mother board for socket a

faichfolds 00:18 07 Jun 03

I am building a new system to be based around an Athlon XP 2000. I am on a budget, and I wondered if anyone out there has ever worked with the MSI 745 mobo. It looks ok, but would be interested of any experiences or alternatives

hugh-265156 00:27 07 Jun 03

click here for a review

faichfolds 00:39 07 Jun 03

Thanks for the link. On quickly browsing through it would appear to be a good board for the price, with a few glitches easily fixed.
I wont click resolved yet incase there is any anecdotal evidence out there

goonerbill 07:49 07 Jun 03

if ya aint got the MSI745 mobo all ready, would suggest the gigabyte ga-7VA, as this can use pc3200 mem and new Amd barton core cpu's, so you upgrade in the future without getting a new mobo

goonerbill 07:50 07 Jun 03

heres link to details click here and link to which cpu's it will take click here

keith-236785 08:13 07 Jun 03

have you looked at an ASROCK m/b there are 4 to choos from click click here all around the £50 mark

they are made by asus and have gained good reviews so far.

i cant personaly recommend them but it might be worth a quick look.

good luck & happy building

faichfolds 00:31 08 Jun 03

Thanks for your responses, definately food for thought. Goonerbill, have you worked with the ga-7va, it does appear to be v.good@ £56 from dabs, ?good price

goonerbill 10:49 08 Jun 03

hi faichfolds

haven't used the ga-7va. have the next mobo up ga-7vax and brother-in-law has ga-7vaxp.

neither of us have had any problems with the mobo's and have been using gigabyte for a couple of years except when i wanted a cheap upgrade to the athlon and ddr ram, i used an ECS k7s5a.

it may even be worth looking at gigabytes new mobo's that have a 400fsb.
will find link and post back.

goonerbill 11:10 08 Jun 03

heres the specs on the new mobo click here just found 1 seller in u.k. dabs and board is well dear at the moment £137 + vat ouch

faichfolds 09:32 09 Jun 03

Will come to a decision later today.
Will let you know when up and running!

faichfolds 09:34 09 Jun 03

forgot the tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…