mother board socket 775

stevediggo 11:56 19 Dec 10

hi my motherboard failed and i need to know which one to replace it with, quite simple really i have a quad core processor 6600 and 4GB DDR2 800 RAM so which m/board would take these
thank you
Steve Diggins

gengiscant 12:04 19 Dec 10
  OTT_B 12:10 19 Dec 10

You've pretty much answered your own question; you need a Socket 775, DDR2 motherboard (min 1066MHz FSB, not that you can easily get them at less than that)!

The only thing you need to ask is how much you want to spend. If you overclock then spend more. If you don't, then there's no point in shelling out a lot of money.

GaT7 16:03 19 Dec 10

Another thing you'll want look out for is the motherboard size. Some cases will only house the smaller mATX size, but if you have an ATX case then an ATX/mATX motherboard will do. If in doubt, tell us the make & model of your previous motherboard & case. Or, if it's an off-the-shelf system, the make & exact model number of the PC.

Consider eBay for a secondhand bargain. Once you know the make & model (of the ones your considering), look them up at the manufacturer's site for specific CPU support. Be aware that not all S775 motherboards are compatible with the Q6600, so you'll need to be careful there. Ask here if in doubt. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…