mother board rage drivers problem

Lazzer 18:46 01 Jan 04

when booting up my pc it takes absolutley ages someone has told me i have to disable the RAID drivers but i cant find the option in bios to do it also if i select to use high performance it disables the LAN card and all my usb ports on the mother board im using a msi kt6 delta, anyone got any ideas?

cheers

LastChip 19:42 01 Jan 04

Operating System?

Lazzer 19:43 01 Jan 04

windows xp professional

LastChip 19:45 01 Jan 04

Control Panel; Computer Management; Error Log; and see if it's reporting not being able to load something.

Lazzer 19:48 01 Jan 04

i dont have a computer management option to select

LastChip 19:49 01 Jan 04

I'm going from memory!

VoG II 19:51 01 Jan 04

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management, System Tools, Event log.

Lazzer 19:54 01 Jan 04

i have had a look and i cant find any errors relating to rage setting, all i know if that i havent installed the rage drivers because im not using the rage stuff, and when i go into device manager it shows a question mark next to rage

LastChip 20:02 01 Jan 04

Your original post referred to Raid. You are now talking about Rage. Which is it?

Please post exact symptoms you have in Device Manager.

Lazzer 20:10 01 Jan 04

it is raid, my raid drivers are not installed because im not using any raid devices (sorry for mix up) the problem i am having is this, when booting up it is taking ages the screen it sticks on is the raid controller screen, i had a look on the ebuyer ratings for my mother board and other people have had similair trouble and some has put that the raid settings need to b disabled in bios, i have had a look and cant find where to do this, also no-one has put anything about when using high performance which you select in bios my onboard lan and usb ports become disfunctional, yet when i return to bios defaults my lan and usb ports become operational again but this becaomes an annoyance because it means i have the set my power and voltage setting again, is there a way round these

thanks

LastChip 20:34 01 Jan 04

Have a look at Chapter 3 of your motherboard manual (BIOS Setup), page 23, and you will find the setting relating to your RAID controller there in Integrated Peripherals.

There are only two setting's; Enabled, Disabled.

I can't give you further instructions, as it will depend on the version of the motherboard you have.

Post back if your still unsure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…