//some 3rd party need geo

mother board information

shuggee 12:26 11 Jul 04

I have a HP Pavillion 7925 with Windows XP. Sisoft Sandra has told me that I should look for a BIOS update. How can I find the information I need about the motherboard and BIOS in order to search for it.

I am extremely reluctant to perform this operation until I am absolutely sure I am doing the right thing.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shuggee

VoG II 12:29 11 Jul 04

Belarc Advisor will tell you click here

My advice, for what it is worth, is do NOT flash the BIOS unless it is absolutely necessary. If things go wrong you could end up with a 'puter that won't boot.

bremner 12:29 11 Jul 04

On the Sandra main window in the Information Modules 'CPU & BIOS Information' this will tell you what BIOS you have (or just look on booting up the machine).

Unless you have a problem or an essential upgrade can not be done without a BIOS upgrade then I would ignore what Sandra says and leave well alone.

shuggee 12:42 11 Jul 04

Thanks both of you for the advice. I'm even more frightened of the damn thing now.

I don't know whether it would help or not but the reason I am doing this is that my Internet connexion keeps cutting me off, sometimes after only a couple of minutes. I have another computer which connects through the same line, though not at the same time. This one works no bother. I have a dial up connexion.

I am really clutching at atraws as I haven't a clue what's wrong.

shuggee 12:43 11 Jul 04

Thanks both of you for the advice. I'm even more frightened of the damn thing now.

I don't know whether it would help or not but the reason I am doing this is that my Internet connexion keeps cutting me off, sometimes after only a couple of minutes. I have another computer which connects through the same line, though not at the same time. This one works no bother. I have a dial up connexion.

I am really clutching at atraws as I haven't a clue what's wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…