Mother Board Drivers

Dark Knight 22:32 07 May 03

Apologies this is probably a simple question. I have recently brought some software that says I should update my motherboard drivers before installing.

From my manuals etc I have identified my mother board as an ASUS A7V and on their websites have found numerous possible updates.

THese include IDE, RAID, AUDIO, BIOS, UTILITIES (that is all I can see.

What of these am I most likely to need? What effect will they have on my PC? and how risky are they to apply? Anything else I should know.

THanks

sil_ver 22:54 07 May 03

It probably refers to your mobo chipset drivers. If I'm right you will need to identify them either by looking at the mobo manual or downloading and running Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra. Why don't you install the software and see if it runs ok. If it does, problem solved.

tell 03:47 08 May 03

You will most likely need the latest Via drivers, I have them installed on my asus a7v version 1.04 with no problems, the 4 in 1 are the ones you will need, if you have an asus with onboard sound you may also like to update the drivers for that too

AndySD 05:48 08 May 03

click here for the VIA Drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…