Most folders are not showing anymore (Win7)

Takeshi-Fujimoto 16:51 PM 01 Mar 12

Hi, most of my folders are not showing anymore, I've checked the "Show hidden files and folders" in folder options, it's not that. I suspect it could be 1) The Ultimate Windows Costumizer messed it up 2) Rainmeter messed it up or 3) A virus scan/removal resulted in this (it removed a few Trojans). I've used registry error repair apps, tried numerous stand-alone-virus fixers but I still can't get my system to show me all the folders. They physically are there, they take up space and all, I can access them from Run but the Explorer is just not showing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone in advance.

Takeshi Fujimoto

finerty 16:57 PM 01 Mar 12

have a read here

hiddenfiles

hope it helps. im sure someone will have a better solution

Takeshi-Fujimoto 16:59 PM 01 Mar 12

"I've checked the "Show hidden files and folders" in folder options, it's not that"

Nontek 20:08 PM 01 Mar 12

Have you tried a System Restore, back to before you had the virus problem?

robin_x 20:18 PM 01 Mar 12

Also make sure 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) is not checked

Unhide.exe may be worth a try too.

Takeshi-Fujimoto 02:05 AM 02 Mar 12

@Nontek System restore only shows me what happened 3 days ago but this is actually the 5th day I'm having this problem so that point in time was not register but thanks anyway

@robinofloxley both of your suggestions didn't help but thanks

rdave13 08:54 AM 02 Mar 12

Try running the system file checker. In the search box type CMD. In the list right click CMD and select 'run as administrator' In CMD type sfc/scannow. You might need to run it mor than once if it shows a problem. If nothing showing then have a look at this, click here.

birdface 10:12 AM 02 Mar 12

If nothing else works maybe give this a try.

http://www.tangosoft.co.uk/re-enablev2.html

I have never used it so cannot comment on it but it fixes quite a few things after being infected with trojans etc.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites