Most common Radeon graphics card in general use

CLONNEN 07:42 29 Apr 06

I do a lot of games testing and I would like to purchase a Radeon graphics card for one of our Test PCs.

Can anyone tell me which Radeon model is the most prolific among home users who generally buy their computers pre-built from PC World or similar.

I seem to see a lot of references to Radeon 9600 cards in Games Manuals - is this a common card? Would it be a good one to get for the Test Computer?

gudgulf 10:26 29 Apr 06

click here

Scroll downn to "Video Card description".......Whilst not universal all the results on the Valve survey are from gamers pcs and gives a good indication of what graphics cards are in use.

You are right about the 9600 series being the most used(according to the Valve survey).......but as these are now obsolete they are not going to be available in any off the shelf pcs sold by major manufacturers/stores today.

The 9600 cards aren't bad...I still have a 9600pro in my second pc.But it wont cope well with the latest games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…