mortgage spam

dfb70uk 11:58 08 Oct 04

We are repeatedly being targetted with mortgage offers which we blacklist using mailwasher but they then come from another source and with another subject title. They are now getting longer being padded out with gibberish and we get about 2 a day. How can we rid ourselves of this nuisance since we have managed to remove almost all other spam repeats?

I am concerned about the increasing length of the messages and feel that they are annoyed about our lack of response and will not give up. The are a form of harrassment.

Valvegrid 12:47 08 Oct 04

If they are coming from one particular ISP, you can send them back to the ISP in question, most emails can be returned to [email protected]_ISP_name_here.??? don't forget to cut and paste the headers into the email body when you return them, so they can see the route. You can do that by looking in the properties of the email. The ISP's soon get cheesed off if they keep getting them returned to them.

spuds 13:02 08 Oct 04

If you have the actual senders details, you could contact click here and see if the company is on their Telephone or Fax Preference Schemes.

spuds 13:07 08 Oct 04

The DMA also have a Email Preference Scheme click here Whether this will solve the problem I do not know, but it's worth a try.

david.h 15:34 08 Oct 04

I get these as well, I use mailwasher to delete,block and bounce them back but they change the email address each day, they must get some guilable customers otherwise they would not be so persistent.

I share your frustations.

Cook2 16:30 08 Oct 04

click here I believe this to be as good as if not better than MailWasher.

If you decide to give this one a go just check the Junk Mail and Quarantine Folder evry now and again to make sure it hasn't blocked someone you would prefer to allow.

A couple of clicks and you can either block or allow senders.

Cook2 16:30 08 Oct 04

click here I believe this to be as good as if not better than MailWasher.

If you decide to give this one a go just check the Junk Mail and Quarantine Folder evry now and again to make sure it hasn't blocked someone you would prefer to allow.

A couple of clicks and you can either block or allow senders.

Valvegrid 16:49 08 Oct 04

If you use MailWasher, never bounce emails, because the spammers are wise to that trick and bouncing their emails will just confirm your email address for even more spam to arrive.

Friday's Child 17:25 08 Oct 04

I would exercise caution with preference services.

Although reputable organisations will abide by them, I knew someone who worked for a not totally reputable organisation which belonged to the mail preference service and he said that when they wanted to mail people they quite often used the list to write out phoney requests for information from people to justify contacting them.

Presumeably the spammers are either likely not to have joined the service or do the same?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple