sheelam1 15:58 22 Jan 03
  sheelam1 15:58 22 Jan 03

I am unable to uninstall my Morpheus 1.9 and the new version 2.0. 1.9 says its uninstalled, but still appears in my add/remove programs with 8.83mb. Morpeheus 2.0 wont uninstall, keeps saying 'COULD NOT OPEN INSTALL.LOG FILE'. it is slowing my pc down and i just want to rid my morpeheus programs.

Can anyone help on how to get rid of these??

Cuddles 18:06 22 Jan 03

Press enter to start search, any entries will be highlighted in blue, press delete, press enter to confirm and F3 to resume search.

sheelam1 18:21 22 Jan 03

no, i need to uninstall morpheus, i tried what you did thinking that might help. But its still there, ever so slow, pacing my computer down like a tortoise.

Please help some1

muppetmark 19:02 22 Jan 03

Download Spybot S & D from click here to get rid of the spyware associated with morpheus and run regcleaner from click here to clean the registry and visit click here to see what other files you willl have to search for and get rid of.

ROCKHARD 19:25 24 Jan 03

I installed Morpheus last year (big mistake) - very difficult to get rid of. A friend got rid of it today for me - took quite a time as it had installed files in various parts of the system (at least that's what he told me). A word of warning - think very carefully before installing as it takes minutes to obtain and ages to get rid of it AND you need to know what you're doing. BE WARNED!

woodchip 19:29 24 Jan 03

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Morpheus click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Morpheus in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Morpheus and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Morpheus then reboot your computer. Print this and follow

spikeychris 19:36 24 Jan 03

Unfortunately your post might be too late, if sheelam1 has followed the advise to delete from registry then it could cause BIG problems....

woodchip 22:08 24 Jan 03

It will not be a problem as it will only find what sould be there

spikeychris 22:21 24 Jan 03

You miss my point, if sheelam1 followed the first piece of advise from Cuddles then he could have problems locating the files if the keys have been removed from the registry..

woodchip 22:26 24 Jan 03

Still not a problem as it will work it's way to the end of the registry looking for the files then if it cannot find any it will say so

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…