More windows problems!

jake2 18:59 16 Jul 04

In summary. Over the last week my pc has started in bios twice, The utility to "automaticaly fix file system errors" refuses to work on start up. When tryng to play music cd's in the d drive the default player does not autoplay. After selecting musicmatch and clicking always perform selection it still wont remember it. My T.V card refuses to remember the stored channels and various settings. Lastly a regular forum I use will not allow me to post new threads (I have checked with administrator who states account is active) Dont know if any of this is connected but seems strange that all was well a week ago. Mesh matrix 2400xp. Any ideas?

THE TERMINATOR 19:16 16 Jul 04

Have you tried a system restore to when all was ok?...TT

jake2 19:27 16 Jul 04

Yeah thought of that but was hoping to leave that as a last resort to see if there was something that caused the fault or is it just Windows being Windows!!

jake2 23:48 16 Jul 04

Ok so far I've got the T.V. card working, removed then refitted the card. Got the default cd player working (with info from mesh website) I'm guessing that the T.V. card was'nt sitting right (pc must have got a knock) so I'm hoping that re-fitting it properly may stop the pc starting in bios? Well see. Stil cannot get " automatically fix file system errors" to work though. Any ideas?

Androcles 00:01 17 Jul 04

I'd go with the Terminator first,if you're on XP it's painless and fairly quick.After that we'll know which way to go.

jake2 00:08 17 Jul 04

I restored back to the middle of June, no joy.

Androcles 00:27 17 Jul 04

OK. If you're running Zone Alarm 5 uninstall it and try again.

jake2 00:41 17 Jul 04

Zonealarm pro version 5.0. Lowered privacy settings, this allowed me to post on forum. Strange I had'nt changed the settings on zonealarm for weeks and all of a sudden it stops me posting on site?!! Yet with the higher privacy settings it works fine on here! Thats nearly all of it cleared up! Just this file system error to go. Zonealarm could'nt affect that could it?

Androcles 00:46 17 Jul 04

It sure does,there is a bug in ZA5 which they have not yet sorted.Go back to ZA4.5 on Zone Labs site,page 2 item 16 until it is sorted.
Regards

jake2 10:31 17 Jul 04

Thanks for that Androcles, Good work zone labs! NOT!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…