More Spellcheck problems with Word97

Humphreyyg 12:25 12 Jul 04

When running under Me 2000, spellcheck worked automatically on OE 6 and on Word documents. Now I have loaded Word97 onto XP Pro, it only works on Word docs and then only if logged in as an Administrator. Suggestions, please?

Taff36 13:34 12 Jul 04

Bump

I think I know this but just going into a meeting. Will get back to you asap if nobody else can help you.

Curio 19:47 12 Jul 04

Can you confirm that Word is your email editor?

Curio 19:52 12 Jul 04

Try tools, Options, Spelling Tab and check the Always check spelling before sending box.
Spelling tab also provides other boxes and buttons that you can use to customise the way OE spell checks items.

Valvegrid 20:06 12 Jul 04

You could install this instead, then you wouldn't have to worry about the spellchecker in Word:

click here

Humphreyyg 23:29 12 Jul 04

Thanks, Curio, but I just get the message "The spellcheck on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?" and no spellcheck is performed.

Curio 14:06 13 Jul 04

Try this one.
In OE, Click on Tools, Options, Click on Mail Format Tab and check Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages and close the dialog box

Curio 18:12 13 Jul 04

I think My last refers to Outlook, not OE. Will rummage further and see if I can be positive about this.

Curio 18:18 13 Jul 04

You should find the answer here. Sorry if I messed you about :o)
click here

Humphreyyg 21:15 13 Jul 04

Thanks again, Curio. I can see that there is a solution here. The MS info refers to OE5 not OE6 but hopefully is relevant. I will need plenty of time and a clear head before sorting it out.

Curio 15:16 14 Jul 04

Found below in OE6 Help files.
To check the spelling in messages

Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available.

In the New Message window, click Spelling on the toolbar, or on the Tools menu, click Spelling.
Note

To customize the way your spelling checker works, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then select the Spelling tab.

Hope this solves your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017