(More) Site Feedback

wsces 17:31 07 Nov 03

You may remember a few months back I asked for feedback here on my site, click here, ah, that was a thread, good times etc. But now I would like some feedback on a certain section of my site. Its actually a completely different site but it is linked in with the rest of my site for various reasons.

click here

Its an RPG type site.

Okay, so ignore the slightly off-topic navigation which is being redone, but I mainly want feedback on usability and coding, obviously you can't see the ASP which powers it but please post and bugs etc.

Thanks in advance,
Chris Santry
click here

wolfen 15:30 08 Nov 03

Don't want to burst your bubble.
I am using ie6 and the site is all over the place.
is there meant to be a column down the middle of the page or is this one of your asp bugs.
Colour palette is blinding.

remember this is only one opinion.

wsces 17:10 08 Nov 03

I am also using IE6 so there shouldn't be too many differences

As I said in my original post, the navigation is just a starting template, was done stupidly quickly, and is being redone.

The colour palette on the main page is regenerated every 5 minutes, and there are some pallettes that need sunglasses and otheres that don't, we change the possible colour schemes every month or so anyway.

slowhand_1000 18:35 09 Nov 03

The page needed to be refreshed a couple of times as it was 'hanging' at about 75% loaded. When refreshed it was the web hosting advert on the right that finally appeared.
Could you relocate the sign in box? then perhaps the latest news section could expand in width a bit. This would cut down on scrolling.

wsces 18:39 09 Nov 03

Yeah, the nav is all being re designed so I shall take this into consideration when I do this.

I'm also looking for some better hosting, because

a)Its too slow
b)They've started littering my pages with ads

anyone got any (free) ideas (must have ASP).

PurplePenny 21:30 09 Nov 03

Loaded OK on Opera, although it did produce a JavaScript error on a couple of pages which I'll paste below.

Is "103" (in the date and the copyright) supposed to be 2003?

Didn't mind the colours and I'm glad that you've used big fonts that are readable without having to enlarge them.

Inline script thread
name: ReferenceError
message: Statement on line 20: Reference to undefined variable: No such variable 'b'
Line 20 of inline#5 script in click here
info = "w=" + w + "&h=" + h + "&c=" + c + "&r=" + f + "&u=" + u + "&fs=" + fs + "&b=" + b + "&x=" + x;

steven_frost 15:32 10 Nov 03

got alot of errors from your site and the text is all over the place

wsces 16:16 10 Nov 03

Yeah, the javascript errors are to do with my host's annoying popups, I am looking for a new one as I said earlier.

steven_frost, what browser are you using?

BBW 11:33 14 Nov 03

Hi Chris, Sorry couldn't stop for more than 30secs on your home page, the colours too brilliant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…