more on scanning

Ray5776 20:32 12 Mar 07

Hi,
I am looking for a simple way of scanning in a document and saving it in Word as a Word document.
I have tried to use the Word Scanner and camera add in but it is not installed. I have the Office Cd but it is damaged and I cannot install this program from it.
Can anyone suggest a simple alternative.
I can do it using a photo editing program but it is fairly complicated. I am looking for an easy option if anyone has any suggestions.

Ray

MAJ 20:36 12 Mar 07

Did your scanner come with any OCR (optical character recognition) software? If it did, install it, that will do what you require.

Ray5776 18:51 13 Mar 07

Hi MAG,
it probably did although I cannot find it. All I need is the easiest way to just copy the scanned doc into Word.
I dont want to edit it or enhance it or change it`s size or rotate it, just a simple A4 sheet scanned into Word in B&W.
As I said I can do this using a photo editor but it is time consuming and there are a lot of docs to scan in. I am looking for something very basic and simple.

Ray

Technotiger 18:56 13 Mar 07

click here

Some free stuff here ....

Ray5776 19:44 13 Mar 07

Thanks to all, I think I will do this in Paint Shop Pro at least it works and it is a program I am familiar with.
Thankyou for your suggestions.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…