More printer problems

willyv 10:44 03 Apr 07

Had a problem a few weeks ago with a colour cartridge i bought from ebay for my Dell A920 printer. After installing it, it didnt work- no colour ink at all came out of the cartridge. On the advice of the forum I returned it to the supplier who tested it and said it was working perfectly .
Now i have a problem with my black cartridge. It has been filled twice before and gave no problems in the past but now its behaving just as the colour cartridge had. After installation, absolutely no ink is coming out of the cartridge.

Do you think the printers knackered? Ive only had it for 3 years.
Is there any other way of troubleshooting the problems without spending £40 on ink cartridges which may have to be returned?
Please help,
Ta

Kate B 10:49 03 Apr 07

I suspect your attempts at money-saving are at least partly to blame. I know many people successfully refill cartridges and buy no-brand ones from eBay but I wouldn't risk it: they can cause problems. And three years is not bad for a printer.

bof:) 11:20 03 Apr 07

Have you cleaned out the nozzles on the printer?

click here

Look on left side of page and click on maintainance.

willyv 11:50 03 Apr 07

I tried but no ink at all comes out!!!!
May be time to trash the thing!!! Seems a same tho cos its been ok.

Kate B 11:52 03 Apr 07

I think it's worth buying the right ink for printers.

willyv 12:02 03 Apr 07

But if the 'right ink' cost about £40 for 2 replacement cartridges (when you can replace the printer for £30)surely you would be tempted to try to reduce costs?

willyv 12:22 03 Apr 07

Has anyone used the BROTHER DCP 115 Inkjet All in One Printer. Im thinking of getting one as a replacement.

Ank45 12:30 03 Apr 07

willyv

You may try restoring the Printer Settings to its defaults settings. Also I would suggest you to buy Ink Cartridges for your Dell Printer from Dell only due to compatibility issues.

Kate B 12:36 03 Apr 07

I agree, it seems like madness. But you risk trashing your printer, as you've discovered.

willyv 13:39 03 Apr 07

True enough matey.

jack 14:21 03 Apr 07

I seem to recall a similar problem with a 'Dell' printer last week -was this you.

From what I can recall and in the 'Dell site' I see this is a bubble-jet printer- possibly a re-badged HP or Lexmark.
Bubble jet printers come with the head as part of the cartridge.
Therefore jet cleaning after a print failure means cleaning the jets that are in the head.
Thus if a print failure happens again with a replacement cartridge, I would suspect this is more likely to be a software problem, not a cartridge/ink problem.
Have you deleted the software and re installed during all this.
If so have you carried out the re-installation exactly per the install instructions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced