More than one Dial-Up to the same ISP ?

timothywilliam 20:01 09 Sep 05

My ISP is BtYahoo, and a few weeks ago they sent me a message to update my Connection Manager,as a download which I did- they said successfully. Unfortunately the download lost my BTYahoo.exe prog and it became useless. On contacting their technical help by E.Mail BT telephoned me and I downloaded a connection named BTOW123 through my computers Network Connection. However, I do not now have the Modem Lock which was the point of downloading the update in the first place, so I don't think I have the latest version from their Download Manager. Try as I might I cannot get an answer from BT as to what version of Dial Up they downloaded to me my question to them is, is it the latest? So can I download a new connection to BT through the New Connection set up in XP, or will it foul up the one I have ? Do I have to delete the BTOW123 first ?

Diodorus Siculus 22:03 09 Sep 05

Do you have username / password for the ISP?

If yes, then you can create a new connection with it and ignore their connection software.

woodchip 22:08 09 Sep 05

Yes to the last post. When on Dial-Up I never used the software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…