More Than one Broadband connection?

Reggie1 12:29 18 Dec 05

More than one broadband connection

This may be a stupid question....

Are you limited to the amount of broadband connections you can have?
At present I am with BT and connected at 512, earlier in the year I did get upgrade to 1mb, but I kept loosing the connection after 5 minutes, and more than not - I could even get a connection, so after spending much time to BT support, decide to go back to 512.

I have now been approached by Bulldog who claims I can achieve 1mb connection at a much low price. How ever am concerned due to my experience.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated

Graham ® 12:54 18 Dec 05

Bulldog is a cable company, part of Cable and Wireless. If your house is connected to their network, you can sign up for one of their broadband packages.

As for the BT connection, it depends on the contract. There may be a penalty to cancel it if a minimum period has not expired.

Fingees 13:15 18 Dec 05

If you mean Broadband ISP's.

If you use BT telephone line, it is physically impossible to have more than one BB ISP on the line. or so I am given to understand.

If you can access bulldog by cable, the restriction won't apply if one is cable and one is phone line.

howard63 13:22 18 Dec 05

Bulldog is not a cable isp but uses the bt line with equipment in the bt exchange. Their service is generally good but their accounting is up the wall. I have not had 1 months account correct since June.

Graham ® 13:35 18 Dec 05

I am happy to be corrected.

Fingees is correct, you can only have one broadband service on one landline. Changing to another ISP will not solve the drop-out problem.

Reggie1 10:15 01 Jan 06

Many thanks to all those who helped

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…