more obvious and simple coding help

mco 17:39 17 Dec 06

I'm adapting an opensource template and doing it entirely in notepad; however my knowledge of html is very limited. Please would you look at one of my pages click here and tell me - how do I change from linked text to non-linked text? I mean, on each page there are games I've hyperlinked to. But everytime I try to add regular text, say to describe the games, it just comes out as hyperlinked to the previous game. I've tried the bracket - p bracket or the bracket - li - bracket (don't want to add code in case it doesn't work here ) but they still come out as connected to the previous hyperlink. Surely it must be a simple thing I'm missing! Thanks!

harristweed 17:47 17 Dec 06

Change

< p >< a h re f="cg/christmasfootie.swf"alt="flash game" target="blank" / a >A geog-related Christmas penalty shootout < /p >

< p >< a h r e f="cg/christmasfootie.swf"alt="flash game" target="blank" < / a >A geog-related Christmas penalty shootout < /p >

(spaces added to stop the usual error!

ie add a "<" after target="blank"

mco 20:33 17 Dec 06

I'm happy with the original sentence as it is (with 'a geog-related etc' as the linked words, )but how do I do a totally new sentence following on from that? Your help is much appreciated!

mco 22:49 17 Dec 06

I'll go back and try again!

mco 23:10 17 Dec 06

Yes, thanks both - another stage in my learning!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…