More Norton Internet Security 2004 questions

Gem 00:12 28 Oct 04

Hi, I'm here, once again, because I have no clue what is going on.
I had to do a system restore today, so afterwards I re-installed Norton. I'm not quite sure whether it's working the way it should, but anyway, the main reason why I am here is, that I can't turn 'Intrusion Detection' on. It comes up with the following message: Failed to save setting. Please verify that your windows account is not restricted.
How do I do that??? Help!!!
This is one girl that needs your help!

Gem 00:33 28 Oct 04

..also, I've had this once before but can't remember what I did to change it. When I send a test email with an attachment to myself the following message comes up: 'This message has been rejected because it has an apparently executable attachment "FAMILY.eml".This is a virus prevention measure.' What do I do about this?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Giggle n' Bits 01:54 30 Oct 04

go into the Help & Support and look for online support, select your product and let it scan your machine.

It will then tell you whats wrong and how to fix with which download. I suspect is a corrupt update. Should it be SP2 running It could be the WMI Patch or Liver update tool being dated.

hugh-265156 02:16 30 Oct 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…