More Netgear probs

IClaudio 18:58 29 Sep 06

Hi guys...

I went for the Netgear DG834PN specifically because it said 'easy set-up' :) (I don't really need the range)

I'm having the same trouble as other people have recently reported: trying to log in to the router fails when I type 'click here' into the browser - it comes back with 'Page not found', or 'unable to connect'. I've tried both Firefox and Explorer, and with and without the 'http://'. I have the Ethernet cable connected.

Pinging 192.168.0.1 is succesful...

Netgear's phone help was abysmal, he spent 20 minutes telling me how to turn the thing on 8(

ade.h 19:24 29 Sep 06

If you have been following recent threads, you might already have examined your Ethernet LAN adapter, DHCP (check ipconfig) and network protocols. Worth checking if you haven't. Try it through any other desktop or laptop as well.

Most routers are reasonably straightforward, presumably this one included once you get to access it, but I think that it's a bit rich of Netgear to claim anything special for this model. It's probably quite conventional.

Mike@#36 20:16 29 Sep 06

I had this problem when I set up earlier this week. Try typing click here instead and see what happens.

IClaudio 11:15 03 Oct 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…