More Memory ?

@Home 12:47 18 Feb 05

Running XP Pro with a 2500XP Altholon Processor, I have @ the moment 2 sticks of 256ddr 300FSB ram.

I was thinking of upgrading to 2 sticks of 512ddr ram FSB 333. Would my PC load and run applications quicker?
Will my boot quicker? Would it make any differance to the games I play?

Can you recommend any makes of memory?

Cheers

It does help to have more memory faster tasks and general pc applications

VoG II 12:56 18 Feb 05

I suggest that you go to click here and use the Memory Advisor to see what would be siutable.

If you need more info on your machine specs (motherboard etc) use click here

JohnC123 12:08 19 Feb 05

Is there a maximum limit to the amount of RAM I can install. Currently I have 2 x 256 MB RDRAM installed and I have 2 X 64MB RDRAM sticks available. If I put them into the PC, will it recognise and accept them ? Win XP Pro in use. Also - can I put in another 2 x 256 sticks of RDRAM in place of the 2 X 64's ?

Gongoozler 12:13 19 Feb 05

Unless you are running very memory intensive applications, you are unlikely to notice a huge improvement by installing more than your current 512M RAM. Have a look here at how much memory is recommended click here

dcnewton 12:16 19 Feb 05

As VoG said (I would love to know what that means, sorry) go to crucial, they will tell you what memory you can add and how much of it.

I had 2x256 sticks and upgraded to 2x512 sticks, and yeah, it's quicker, the only thing to slow the pc now is sp2 (there's a surprise).

hope that helps people

JohnC123 12:50 19 Feb 05

Thanks dcnewton - I went to Crucial and used their memory finder but they tell me I need RDRAM (RAMBUS) which they don't supply I use Microsoft Flight Simulator so maybe it will go better with more RAM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…