More Laptopn advice

Elrond 15:21 11 Oct 03

I've come to the point where I am deciding betweeen

click here

and

click here

I'm not sure what to do. They are basically the same except for, the one at pc world is a celeron 2.4Ghz and has 30GB HDD and the one at dabs is an AthlonXP2200+ and is only 20GB HDD. Which should I go for. Will there be any difference in performance as regards to the different processors. I'm thinking I should go for the celeron 2.4GHz with 30GB HDD. Any offers.

Thanks

Elrond 15:48 11 Oct 03

Sorry just realised the top link doesnt work.

Here goes
click here

Kitz E Kat 16:20 11 Oct 03

Your bottom link don't work either!!!

It must be a secure page or the like as it has terminated ...

Check any site selling the lapper you want ,as long as its not a secure page you should be able to post it here....

Good luck with your decision....

Kitz E Kat,oh and if you want my opinion, and most people don't, id go for the AMD chip....

wee eddie 21:31 11 Oct 03

Thess sites change their adverts so swiftly that if you link to an advert it never works.

There are 3 things to think about. The rest is academic and anyway will be out of date by next week.

Screen size - battery life - weight.

Forget the HDD size, it is not important. If you are on the road you will only carry that info that you need. Back-up and info will be stored at Base.

Most of us can not tell the difference between the working speed of one or the other.

The cost of your software will annihilate the price difference anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…