More Help Required re Networking

Sawdust 23:11 21 Dec 05

Posted this earlier under a topic I marked as resolved. Sorry for the repeat.

Internet connection worked as suggested. Now I need more help to access the other computers on the network!

1. Do I need to run the Network Wizard to add the new computer to the network?

2. My old desktop runs Zone Alarm and has the range 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 in the internet zone. In the trusted zone is a specific IP range starting at 192.168.2.1.(must have been set up by the network engineer) My daughter's laptop also had this specific IP range set up. However, she has today updated her Norton Internet Security software and this has changed to 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0.(trusted zone) Norton was installed on the NEW desktop and this also has the 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 automatically set up in the Trusted Zone. Do the ranges need to be adjusted to the specific range set up by the network engineer.

Sorry to sound so stupid but this is all new to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Strawballs 00:55 22 Dec 05

That should do the trick just make sure that when it asks for the workgroup to make sure they are the same XP Home uses MSHOME but you can call it what you like as long as they are the same

Sawdust 20:48 22 Dec 05

Thanks Strawballs - worked okay and I've even been able to sort the sharing of files and printer out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…