more help needed with Google mail?

Ikelos 17:29 10 Dec 06

Hi, stuck again with the above, I compose the email, first i can find no way of getting the address out of the contact list so it lands up in the "to" line, and secondly, it keeps changing it to a draft....hope that makes sense

thank you

sean-278262 17:31 10 Dec 06

type the name of the person you want to send the message to so if John smith is who you want to send it to just type his name or part of his email. Should bring a drop down list up.

Ikelos 17:32 10 Dec 06

i will try again now, thank you..

sean-278262 17:32 10 Dec 06

As for saving as a list just type till you are ready to send it. Draft means the message is being saved for sending later. Think MS word's autosave system to make sure you dont loose things.

Dont worry all is well.

sean-278262 17:35 10 Dec 06

As for saving as a DRAFT just type till you are ready to send it. Draft means the message is being saved for sending later. Think MS word's autosave system to make sure you dont loose things.

Love typos :(

You can just type the name into the

To:
Cc:
Bcc:

fields and it will bring up the same list.

Ikelos 17:35 10 Dec 06

good grief, you made that sound easy, it works, nice one

thank you

brundle 17:35 10 Dec 06

Click compose, as soon as you type in the `To` box contacts who's details start with that letter will appear underneath for you to select. Googlemail regularly saves an email you're working on - as soon as you hit send it will disappear from your Drafts list.

Ikelos 17:37 10 Dec 06

Thank you both, been messing with this for ages, and always landed up writing the address in the box.

sean-278262 17:44 10 Dec 06

You are welcome. I remember the days of GMail beta and trying to suss it all out myself. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac