More .dll problems

geedad 19:30 13 Mar 03

Taran.
I am back again!!!!!!
You DID solve the problem with advice about the missing MSJET35.DLL for MS Access - however.....!
When trying to gain access to my address labels using the wonderful Avery Label Wizard, I received - yes - another error message "Run time error 3447.
The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16 bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for 32bit version) failed to initialize when called. Try re-installing the application that returned the error"
Do MS mean re-install the Avery Wizard, or MS Access ?
Or do I once more return to the MS Office Pro CD to collect the VBAJETS, as you correctly suggested for ACCESS?
My own thoughts are that I may need to delete the Avery Wizard, and download to re-install that.
What do you think?
geedad

Gongoozler 19:54 13 Mar 03

geedad, this error is telling you that an application that is using Visual Basic is incorrectly installed. I think it is much more likely that the Avery Wizard uses this than MS Access. It is quite possible that the application has not correctly installed a file called EXPSRV.DLL there is a discussion on this problem with a different software package on this page click here. I think downloading and installing the latest version of Avery Wizard may help.

spikeychris 19:59 13 Mar 03

click here

Chris

geedad 22:32 13 Mar 03

Tried FAQ from your suggested website. Downloaded a zip file called VBAJET.ZIP ( containing EXPSRV.DLL and the latest VBAJET32.DLL) and placed it in Windows\system.
Whilst Access works OK, when I try to use Avery Label Wizard in MS Word , once more I am back where I started by getting a run time error '3445'
incorrect version of the DLL file MSJET35.DLL was found!
( and it freezes MS Word!) - but that's no problem - I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to close it.
I then uninstalled Avery Label Wizard, then downloaded and installed latest version to no avail.
I think I'll use my pen to write all of my labels!
If any kindly soul can help I would gr-r-r-reatly appreciate it!!
geedad

geedad 15:26 14 Mar 03

To all very helpful Forum subscribers.
I have now solved the Access/Avery label/Ms Word/.dll problems by downloading the latest VBAJET.DLL from Microsoft.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if, when an error is encountered, MS sends the user automatically to the appropriate website for the necessary download!!!
Now there's an idea!
geedad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…