More CSS magic

PurplePenny 23:02 08 Dec 03

It's quiet on here tonight so I thought I'd post a site that some of you might find interesting. It is from the web site of CSS guru Eric Meyer (apologies if Taran has already posted it):

click here

As well as being a work of art it shows what can be done with CSS ... and it is recommended by WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind) as an example of what can be done whilst still remaining accessible (what can be done by *some* .... certainly not by me that's for sure!!)

If that whets your appetite for more, backtrack to the index page:

click here

Take a look at some of the other effects achieved using CSS. Then backtrack a bit more to the homepage:

click here

and try some of the alternative stylesheets listed down the side.

Amazing....

Penny

Taran 09:38 09 Dec 03

It's an excellent site Penny and no, I hadn't posted it.

The examples are superb and show what you can achieve while still being good in terms of accessible code.

They are also far over and above the level of most CSS use but, nevertheless, the way in which they are explained and the sample code helps to demystify things for those new to the subject.

For those who want a CSS layout but haven't a clue where to begin, you could do worse than try the online CSS generator click here which does what is says on the tin. You select a bunch of options for you page and it generates an appropriate CSS code snippet to perform those selections. It's an excellent way to see how CSS goes together and you can play with it, break it and put it back together again.

A Google search for CSS+tutorial will turn up more information than you know what to do with, but you'd be hard pushed to find any better examples of imaginitive use of CSS than those on the site Penny has linked to above.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…