more anti virus

podlod 13:37 12 Feb 08

Hi, I have at the moment for anti-virus etc the following Bit Defender, and Spybot, is there another which you can recommend that would and could keep my PC save from various Viruses, or would it conflict with what I have already. Thanks for any help.

woodchip 13:43 12 Feb 08

You can only have one Anty-Virus running on one computer at a time, this is in theory. As if one only watches the Ram on your comp and the other does not you could run two. But if you know only a bit about computing. Use only one AV

woodchip 13:45 12 Feb 08

PS you do not need to load your computer with loads of security programs, they can give problems that you would not have.

One AV

One good Spy blocker Malaware blocker and

one Software firewall

Totally-braindead 13:51 12 Feb 08

As said one and only one anti virus otherwise they will conflict and neither will work properly.

Regarding Malware programs theres loads of them but you can spend a lot of time updating and running them and leave yourself no time to do anything else. Its up to you of course.

You have an AV program and you have one Malware program Spybot. You could add Superantispyware, I use it and its also free. Or you could try the free AVG antispyware or adaware just as examples.

Do not get confused between spyware and viruses, you can install more than one Malware/antispyware program. You cannot use more than one anti virus program so don't as an example download AVG free anti virus as thats an anti virus program, AVG antispyware free is ok as its not an AV prog.

Hope you see what I'm getting at.

podlod 13:42 13 Feb 08

Hi, and thanks for your feedback, a little confused but I will stay as I am as you all seem to recommend the same!!!Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…