more anti spyware?

tAtu*! 21:31 03 Mar 06

hello all

apologies for bothering you.....but i have a question. at the moment i am running windows defender + adaware + spyware blaster. I was wondering is it worth downloading anymore anti spyware? I was looking at ewido and a2squared. any advice would be much appreciated?
thanks
tatu>

VoG II 21:34 03 Mar 06

You might want to consider Spybot as well click here

Ewido and a² are both good but I never run them unless I think I have a problem.

tAtu*! 21:47 03 Mar 06

VoG™ thank you.... i have instaled spybot search and destroy and luckily i was malware/spyware etc free. i had a bad experiance with bt anti spyware previously thats why i am a little apprehensive around this. thanks for your help!

<tAtA>

xquest 20:43 11 Apr 06

Roughly on the subject, I think, a friend has been invaded by malware which has taken over his browser. It has installed an unremovable 'home' page, and this is full of adverts for Win Anti Virus, MalwareWipe, Spy iBlock and so on, which will, for a fee, apparently remove whatever it is. The URL is (DON'T click here !) something like <your on line security / php test> and I can't shift it. It appears to have deleted the .exe files for Spybot and A-squared.
Is there any way to remove this malware ?
Could I load Spybot or anything else to a USB pendrive and run it off that on his PC ? Or would the malware immediately wipe the pen drive?
Any suggestions gratefully received,
xquest.

VoG II 20:47 11 Apr 06

Your best bet is to run HJT click here and let the experts at MWR click here look at the log.

xquest 22:25 11 Apr 06

Thanks VoG™ I'll take a laptop to the victims house (he can't access the 'net) and see what can be done.
If I feel dubious about making progress I'll wait until the local genius is available next Sunday.
Cheers, xquest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant