More than 1 photo on a sheet

nagis 09:08 02 Sep 05

Does anyone know of a simple program which will allow more than one photograph to be put onto an A4 sheet and then printed.
I use Photoshop lite to edit the pics but it doesn't seem to have the above facility. Any help would be welcomed - thanks

dave_and_confused 09:16 02 Sep 05

Easy Photo Print from Canon (might only work with Canons). Download from click here

Sapins 09:19 02 Sep 05

XP Home does this.

Select photo/s go to "print this photo" on left of screen, follow photo printing Wizard until you get to the section where you can select how many photos you want on a sheet.

Diemmess 09:26 02 Sep 05

Download Picasa2, its a freeby amazingly, and has options for collage and more important contact sets.

Photoshop-lite might do it but only by creating a new file and importing/sizing as you go- the various pictures you want to include.

I use Corel Photopaint, which does this very accurately but very tediously.

Taff36 09:34 02 Sep 05

Sapins answer is the quickest but sometimes has limitations if the photos are a mixture of landscape & portrait. (You have to rotate them before you use the wizard to fool XP what they really are.

I use Word - simply set up a document with a table inserted that is one column wide and four rows deep. The first and last cells are where you are going to "Place" each photo. The two in the middle need to be identical in row size to your page top and bottom borders. First make the first and last cells as big as you can depending on your printer then adjust the two centre columns. Print off the table and check that when the page is folded (or cut) that both picture cells are central.

Once you have got this right save it as a template (.dot) then select the table and delete the borders. You will still be able to see the table on screen but the borders will not be printed. You can of course use a border around the photograph cells using word and even caption the photograph. Now just insert the photographs into the cells and print away. Sounds simple and it is but if you get stuck post back or drop me a mail and I`ll give you advanced instructions and a template I use.

anchor 09:54 02 Sep 05

I have been able to do this for years with Paint Shop Pro.

Stuartli 10:07 02 Sep 05

As Sapins rightly points out XP's Printing Wizard has a varied choice of sheet layouts - you choose the one to suit your purposes and then select the photographs to print on that sheet.

You can also set the printer preferences before going ahead with printing - the settings revert to default afterwards.

It's a great way of making the most of sheets of photographic paper.

But Picassa2 is also excellent...:-)

Stuartli 10:08 02 Sep 05

You can also have captions on Picassa2.

nagis 13:18 02 Sep 05

Thanks for the number of options you have all provided - I'll give them a go and see which suits me the best. Thanks again

Pesala 14:16 02 Sep 05

The best in my view, as it is the most flexible, is to use a page layout program like Page Plus: click here

Each photo can be stretched to the size you want independently of the other photos on the page. Snap to guidelines for positioning. Add text, and stretch or rotate the text too. Add crop marks. Add borders. Enclose in elliptical frames. You can also adjust brightness/contrast of individual photos (at least in the paid for version, not certain about the freebie).

woodchip 14:28 02 Sep 05

Can you not do it in the Print part under Page Setup when you press print. I use Micrografx Picture Publisher and that allows me to drag picture or set with boxes, so that I can position the Picture. I only print one Picture at a time like this then do measuring to position next picture. But you can get software that allows you to print multiple pictures all at once. They are like templets, and you just drag pictures on. But I do not like that method as I like to set Print for each Picture

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…