more than 1 broadband isp

bigtaff 20:48 01 Jul 04

Is it possible to have say 2 bradband isps for use on 1 computor, for instance if download level had been reached on 1 would it be possible to switch isps by configuring what isp number the modem connects to. like say btyahoo and aol for instance. I dont yet have broadband but will in another month hence my question ( I know little of the technical side of broadband as i am only used to dial up )
thank you for your help all

johnsims 20:51 01 Jul 04

I would say no. The line is activated with a connection to the specific ISP - presumably at the exchange as when you are told all is ok you just turn on the modem and you are online, there is no "dialling" as such. Also, to move to another ISP there is a wait while one is de-activated and reactivation with another ISP takes a period of days.

bigtaff 20:57 01 Jul 04

thx john as you can tell i know very little about broadband as yet but your response was most helpful thank you

Gongoozler 20:58 01 Jul 04

For more information on Broadband, have a look at this very useful site click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…